I’ve heard wild rumours that risotto is tough to make. You have to watch it like a hawk, stir it at secondly intervals, buff each rice grain to a mirror like sheen etc… and ain’t nobody got time for that!
Adapted from a great recipe by Vegangela, this tomato risotto is super easy and comes out perfect 60 per cent of the time, every time! 👌
You will need:
- 400g Arborio Rice
- 2 x 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x Onion
- 3 x Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine – optional – (well, you only actually need half a cup for the recipe, but perfect excuse to indulge in a glass with dinner, amirite? 😉 )
- 1 litre Veggie Stock
- 150g Spinach
- 1 tsp Oregano (or generic Italian herbs)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful or so of Pine Nuts
- Pre-heat yo oven! 👊 200C/400F
- You know the drill – oil in the pan over a medium heat. Chop the garlic and onion and bang those lads in. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice. Give him a little stir.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, oregano and half cup of wine. Let him bubble away there for a few minutes, he’s doing no harm.
- Toss in the spinach and give him a good stir. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish then bang him in the oven for 35 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed.
- While the risotto is gettin’ baked – add a splash of oil to a pan and toast up your little pine nuts.
- Plate up the risotto.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts (if no one is looking, pretend to be ‘pine nut bae‘)
Tough this risotto making lark isn’t it? NOPE. You smashed it you little legend!