I read on Urban Dictionary that ‘Hey Presto’ is the Aussie version of ‘Netflix and Chill’.
This recipe is over in a flash, ready for action and very satisfying.
I discovered Sacla’s Vegan pesto in the ‘free from’ section of the supermarket and always keep a jar in my cupboard for emergencies. (No, they’re not paying me but if you’re reading, Sacla, feel free to donate a few hundred jars 😝 😉 ). Aaaannnyway, it’s great for when you need to whip up a quick meal.
I’m going to have a bash at making my own Vegan pesto but that is excitement for another day!
This recipe is to be followed loosely. The best thing about it is you can swap out the veg as you like. It’s basically a product of cupboard foragings for when you can’t be eff-d to go shopping.
You will need:
- 250g Pasta
- 1/2 Jar Vegan Pesto
- 1 x Pack Vegan Quorn Chicken Pieces
- 100g Spinach
- 330g Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 x Cloves Garlic
- Handful Pine Nuts (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C / 400F.
- Put your pasta on to cook as detailed on the pack.
- Oil a baking tray. Throw on the tomatoes. Mince the garlic and add to the party. Season those lads well. Bang in the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the quorn pieces. Stir now and again.
- When the quorn starts to brown (8-10 mins) add in the spinach to wilt.
- If using, throw a few pine nuts in the oven with the tomatoes to get them all toasty.
- Add your pesto to the pan and stir.
- When your tomatoes (& nuts) are hot and roasty add them to the pan too.
- Finally, add your pasta and stir for a few minutes….
….aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd Hey Pesto! (no apologies, had to be done)