I’m not a big sugary one so my sweet makes are rare little beasts.
I do love cheesecake though.
Mainly, because I like the base.
I like the buttery base.
I like the buttery biscuit base.
You can still make a killer cheesecake without the dairy or the fuss. The base is simple AF. The topping is a crazy easy tweaked Minimalist Baker recipe.
You will need:
For that crunchy nutty base:
- 300g Hobnobs
- 100g Melted Vegan Butter
For the topping:
- 170g Cashews (soaked for at least 1hr in boiling water)
- 250g Dairy Free Cream Cheese (Tesco & Sainsbury’s do a crackin’ one, try Violife in ASDA)
- 250ml Coconut Cream
- 150ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Preheat your oven to 160C / 320F
B-B-BASE, BASE, BASE, BASE, BASE KNOWLEDGE:
- Lets start with the fun. Bash the F out or your hobnobs until they have reached ‘crumb’ status.
- Mix with the melted butter.
- Line a loose bottomed baking tin with baking paper.
- Tip the base mix to the tin and press down until firmly packed.
- Let him chill out in the fridge (maybe give him a beer)…
….and then BANG! In comes the wobble, wobble… wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble…
- Add all of your topping ingredients to a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Whip out your chilled base. Pour on the topping mix.
- Bang in the oven for around an 50 minutes (you’re looking for the edges to be firm and the middle slightly wobbly).
- When he looks done, bring him out and let him cool.
- Remove from him from his tin prison. Throw some fruit on there so it looks like you have a balanced diet.
- Take a photo and upload to instagram.
- Remove the fruit and give it to your rabbit (in moderation and if safe, of course!).