It was a Wednesday night. I remember it well.
I was wandering around the supermarket in a daze.
Crowds of people buzzing around me.
Some foraging for their weekly supplies.
Others trying to navigate yet another isle; rearranged for the seventh billion time.
Far too many fighting for a chance to secure ten packs of cut price toilet roll.
And then I saw her.
She was frozen…
…Linda McCartney Pulled Chicken.
I’d never seen it before so thought I’d take her home and treat her right.
Pulled Chicken Tacos it is!
You will need:
For the Pulled ‘Chicken’:
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Linda McCartney Pulled Chicken
- 240ml Barbecue Sauce
- 120ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 120ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp American Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Thyme
For the Slaw:
- 6 Tbsp Oatly Crème fraîche
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 White Cabbage
- 1/2 Red Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Soft Tortilla Wraps
Plus, any bits you’d like to serve with it. I recommend:
- Lettuce (season with salt and pepper)
- A few limes
- More Oatly Crème fraîche
- Hot Sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C / 320F.
- Chop yo onion and mince yo garlic.
- Add the oil to a baking dish. Break up the ‘chicken’ and add to the dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, garlic and remaining pulled chicken ingredients.
- Pour the mix into the dish with the chicken. Stir him up. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, whip out the chicken and remove the foil.
- Give it a bit of a fork about, then put the uncovered chicken back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken mix is baking, lets craft that slaw! Mix the wet slaw ingredients – crème fraîche, mayo, mustard and lemon juice – in a bowl. Season well.
- Shred the onion, carrot and cabbage. Add to the wet slaw ingredients. Mix.
- Stick the tortilla wraps in the oven for a few minutes to warm.
- When the pulled chicken cooking time is up, remove from the oven.
- Whack it all out in bowls/on plates and let the taco crafting joy commence!