I’ve yet to meet a person who doesn’t appreciate the hot dreamy joy that is Mac and Cheese. It is the ultimate comfort food to soothe your soul. This version is especially heart warming as it contains all of the taste without teat tugging the poor moos.
🐮 – “thanks guys “
I tried out a few existing vegan mac and cheese recipes and this is a bit of a remix of the my favourite bits. 🤙
You will need:
- 400g Macaroni
- 1 x Large Potato, Chopped
- 1 x Large Carrot, Chopped
- 1/2 x Onion, Chopped
- 3 x Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 225g Cashews (Soaked in boiling water for at least 1 hour)
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 x Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (Going to stick an ‘optional’ here as I know it’s a pain in the butt to find sometimes. Better with, but still tastes pretty damn good without)
- Decoration (optional) Finish with a few cherry toms to keep it fresh or breadcrumbs if you like it crunchy, just do what you do!
- Preheat your oven to 190C / 375F
- Cook your mac as per the pack. Drain and set aside.
- Add your potato, carrot, onion and the bay leaves to a pot of boiling water. Cook until your veggies are soft. Drain, retaining half a cup of the liquid. Pick out those naughty bay leaves.
- Add the cooked veggies, garlic, drained cashews, retained veggie liquid, mustard, spices and nutritional yeast (if using) to a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Whizz him up until smooth.
- Add the pasta to a baking dish. Pour over the sauce. Mix and add any decoration to the top. If you want to make it extra cheesy, arrange a little heart on top with tomatoes❤️❤️❤️ Bake for 30 minutes.
A face filler that’s always killer. 👊