Yes! Another cheesecake recipe🙀. Just try and stop me making ’em.
This is basically an adaptation of my Buttery Biscuit Base Cheesecake recipe swirled with that smooth creamy delight that is peanut butter. 😻 🥜🥜🥜
The peanut brittle shards are a wild and a totally OTT decoration but it’s fun to make, just give it a crack!
You will need:
For the base:
- 200g Hobnobs
- 100g Pretzels
- 100g Melted Vegan Butter
For the topping:
- 150g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 170g Cashews (soaked for at least 1hr in boiling water)
- 250g Dairy Free Cream Cheese (Tesco & Sainsbury’s do a crackin’ one, try Violife in ASDA)
- 250ml Coconut Cream
- 150ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Peanut Butter Brittle (I made it using this recipe from the Tate & Lyle site but veganised it by using vegan spread in place of butter)
Preheat your oven to 160C / 320F
To make the base:
- Take out the day’s aggression by bashing the hobnobs and pretzels to a crumb.
- Mix with the melted butter.
- Line a loose bottomed baking tin with baking paper.
- Tip the base mix to the tin and press down until firmly packed.
- Let him chill out in the fridge.
To make the topping:
- Add all of your topping ingredients, plus half of the peanut butter, to a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Once the mix is smooth, swirl in the remaining peanut butter.
- Whip out your chilled base. Pour on the topping mix.
- Bang in the oven for around an 50 minutes (you’re looking for the edges to be firm and the middle slightly wobbly).
- When he looks done, bring him out and let him cool.
- Take your little peanut brittle shards and poke them into the top in a haphazard yet gloriously arty arrangement. Like, you want it to be cool but not look like you care. 💁
I guess it’s peanut butter cheesecake time!! 🍌