I have been neglecting the ‘makes’ in favour of ‘eats’ (excuse for eating out loads innit? 😉).
A few people have mentioned recently that I haven’t posted a make in a while and love the simplicity of the recipes I put up here. It was sweet to hear that my makes are inspiring you to do makes of your own!
If you do create an epic make, wing me over a snap, I’d love to see them! Will feature the best of the best on my insta story feed. 👍
Anyway, to the ‘Tuna’ Mayo.
When I was a little ‘un – pre veggie/veganism – I used to love tuna mayo sandwiches. It’s amazing that you can create a very similar taste with seaweed, legumes, a bit of veg and no sad fishies! 🐟💖
You will need:
- 2 x Cans Chick Peas
- 1 x Grated Carrot
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 x Nori Sheets (get ’em from the oriental section of your local supermarche)
- 1 Tbsp Pickle Juice (from the pickle/gherkin jar)
- Vegan Mayo (get it from the ‘free from’ section in most good supermarkets.)
- 1 Small Tin Sweetcorn (Optional, but you know you want it)
- Mash the chickpeas to a chunky paste.
- Chop the nori sheets into approx 1cm squares. Add to the chick pea mash.
- Add the carrot, lemon juice, pickle juice, and sweetcorn to the chickpeas. Stir.
- Add a squirt of mayo and stir. Repeat until the mix is nicely combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
And that’s it.
Whack it on a baked potato. Slap it in a toastie. Eat it with a massive spoon. It’s your choice!