Ludz and I are attempting the crackers feat of walking the length of the Thames. (In parts of course). So far, we’ve covered from Tilbury to Tilehurst!
The best thing about long walks is making a huge picnic for halfway refuelling!
We try to be creative with our adventure eats so this week I whipped up a Stromboli. What better wanderers lunch than a portable pizza?!
You will need:
For the dough (or just use pre-made sfv pizza dough):
- 500ml White Bread Mix
- 275ml Lukewarm Water
- 50ml Oil
For the topping:
- Pizza Sauce (I used the red from Ludz’s Signature Pasta)
- Vegan Quorn Ham
- Vegan Cheese, Grated (I used Violife Mozzarella)
- 1tbsp Melted Vegan Spread (to brush on top at the end)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C / 375F
- Place bread ingredients into a bowl or food mixer & mix together to form a ball of dough
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead & stretch for 3 minutes. Roll him into a ball then rest for 5 minutes
- Place the dough ball into a large oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth or clingfilm & leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size
- Uncover and roll out on a sheet of greaseproof paper to form a large rectangular shape
- Top him with pizza sauce leaving about an inch from each edge
- Sprinkle with delicious toppings (Save a little oregano and cheese for the top)
- Roll up the dough and pinch the ends together. Slice a couple of holes in the top with a knife
- Brush the top with a little melted vegan spread then sprinkle with a bit of cheese and oregano
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Slice into nice thick wedges
Congrats. You’ve made portable picnic pizza! He’s bangin’ hot or cold!